Monday 8 July 2013

AA:BB: Unity



Tiger swarming Bees
Circle the hollow trees.
The search is on:
Where is Albion?

Cast the divine rod,
Directing with a nod
To a bloody cross.
Once salvation was lost.

In Albion, mankind is ideal.
To the wasp this is unreal.
Coiled snakes and fruit vines
Together in life and lives.

 The humblest pies will be eaten
In the powerful courts of treason
For criminals issue sentence
A period of considered repentance.

Childhood played in field of grass
Covered in tins and bottled glass.
Syringes and rizzla papers
Watch the boyish capers.
At night the park is black,
Occupied by Kate and Jack.
One mate is solely present
Chinese food-flavoured fluorescent.

Within all, the biggest of halls
We can't find the smallest of smalls.
A single word which know ye should.
The "Albion" of mankind's brotherhood.

Written somewhere between 1995 - 2002 (my dodgy memory!). I've stuck with the original title, but I think I may change it as I don't like it, which is a shame as this is one of my favourite poems I've written.

No comments: